ARE DOCTORS PLAYING GOD?

The mother of the first sextuplets to be born in the UK for more than a quarter of a century says she ignored medical advice and put her faith in God over the births.

Nuala Conway, 26, from Dunamore in Co Tyrone, was warned about the high risks of carrying six foetuses and was advised to abort several of them at 14 weeks.

But she and her husband Austin explained how they refused to allow doctors to intervene.

The couple told the Sunday Express: "They told us about the risks we faced if we went ahead with the pregnancy."

But the former fashion store sales supervisor insisted on pressing ahead.

"These babies are a wonderful gift from God," she said, adding: "Whatever God laid out for our lives we were taking it." Source: Yahoo news

Each passing day the news is filled with reports of modern science playing God. Infact most of it has become so normal and acceptable that they are dealt with so casually without second thoughts. When my wife went to see her GP for check up because she suspected to be pregnant, the first reaction of the man was 'do you want to keep it'? Effortlessly offering abortion on the plate. Though I was waiting outside, my wife only told me of the incident a few days later. 'Why did you not tell me there?' I bellowed. Clearly I was enraged and would definitely have pumped an ounce or two of extra grey matter into his (the doctor's) head. When my wife answered an emphatic 'yes, I'm keeping her', the GP asked again 'are you sure?'

Folks that is how cheaply our society today values the sanctity of life given by God.

I am thrilled however for those who stand up for their convictions in the face of adversity. Militant humanism and secularism must be challenged and dismantled. I doff my hat to Nuala and Austin. What shall we say then to these things? If God be for us who can be against us? Roman 8:31

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHURCH OF PENTECOST RELAXES DRESS CODE

NIKE RESORTS TO NECROMANCY